Friday 12 August 2016

Another Kenya Citizen spotted Carrying Placard seeking for Job



According to reports, efforts of the 28-year-old graduate from Chuka University, Kenya, seems to have paid off barely as he has received countless calls from potential employers who have promised to give him a job.
In an interview with eDaily, Muthoni, who graduated in 2014 said he married his girlfriend hoping she would get a job and provide for the family.
"I am married. My wife and I are blessed with a 2-year-old daughter. When I got into a relationship with my partner – back then, I was banking on her to get a job and provide for the family. I wasn’t sure who – between her and I – would get employed first. But things did not go as we had expected. She, just like me, did not get employment,” recounts Mr Muthomi.
Muthomi further narrated to eDaily how immediately after graduation, he got a job as a business teacher at Mwiga SDA Secondary School in Nyeri where he worked for five month.

He left his teaching job, hoping to find a well-paying job as an accountant in the capital Nairobi, where he’d relocated together with his wife and toddler.More than a year later, his dream has not materialized yet. The competitive nature of city occupants has locked him out of employment despite sending nearly 200 resumes to different organisations, all of which he has never gotten a call back.
"I left Nyeri to come to Nairobi with big dreams of getting a well-paying job. Little did I know that getting employment in Nairobi is never easy compared to other cities. I have sent more than 200 of my CV’s with no responses," he says.

No comments: