Monday 5 September 2016

I will refuse a N1M English film for a N200,000 Yoruba movie - Adebayo Salami (Oga Bello)



veteran Nigerian actor, filmmaker, movie producer, and director.
In an interview with Potpourri, the veteran spoke on featuring in more Yoruba movies than English-speaking movies.
According to the actor, he is more interested in promoting the Yoruba culture.
“Well, I cannot speak for those people that did not invite me, they have their personal reasons and I don’t want to go into it so much but I am sure if am invited I can express myself and I can interpret roles in English,” said Salami.

“ I don’t normally participate in English films like Jide Kosoko does, but I must confess to you, if you come to me and you want to pay 1 million naira for a film, and I have another script of Yoruba movie that wants to pay me N200,000, I prefer to go for Yoruba film.
"No harm meant by that, Yoruba is my language,and it is my culture I want to promote the most."
Salami featured in the first Yoruba film, "Ajani Ogun," which also starred the late Adeyemi Afolayan as the lead character.
He earned the name Oga Bello for his role in the popular Nigerian comedy series "Comedy half hour."

No comments: