Friday 28 October 2016

Checkout This Little Buddy That Have Got The Internet Buzzing



Adorable, four-year-old Jake Amo


Jake Amo from Ghana is the Internet's newest darling.




He is a 4 year old from Asempanaye village, Koforidua Ghana.

Solomon Adufah, a Ghana born US photographer organized an art workshop where inner city kids were given pencils, crayons and art materials, he took a photo of Jake drawing.
Jake concentrating on his drawing, unaware of what’s coming

The photo has gone viral and has been turned into several memes.

Here is he as football player Paul PogbaThe other hand looks ready to dab even



This is him as a police officerDrawing up the law for us to follow



Someone put Missy Elliott’s hair on himDrawing up lyrics perhaps



Someone else put 50 Cent’s cap on himNow he looks like a G that he is



And then Jidenna’s hairYoung chief



Even dreadlocks fit himHe could hear a beat and burst into a rasta flow



The memes have been shared so many times that the photographer has now shared the back storyJake is one of millions of Ghanaian kids deprived of a good education and a chance to explore their artistic tendencies.

‘As an artist, I’m passionate about using my talent to help children.
I was born and raised in Ghana, West Africa in a small rural village called Odumasi. Before we had lights in my village, I use to watch a small black and white TV set powered by my uncle’s car battery while trying to draw cartoon characters. I loved art because it was a wonderful way for me to express my inner joy and happiness.
‘I am a self taught artist. Art has always fascinated me since childhood. I was always trying my amateur skills and learning various styles of paintings.
‘Now being in the US, I’ve been privilege to have the best resources and opportunities with art. In my heart, I always knew there was a possible way to give back using my talent. I’ve visiting Ghana twice teaching and mentoring the children. Earlier this year, I spent 3 months in East Africa; Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda teaching and mentoring children. I will be traveling back to Ghana to the village of Asempanaye to continue teaching the children and providing resources. Most importantly I would love to help Jake in his Education as well as others who are extremely eager to learn. I will be returning back to Ghana in June to be with the Children.’
A GoFundMe page has been created for Jake and other kids in his village to get proper education.

No comments: