Tuesday 24 October 2017

How Man Was Nabbed With 88 Bundles Of Fake Dollars

The Niger State Police Command on Monday arrested one Abubakar Suleiman with 88 bundles of fake dollars. The command’s spokesman, SP Abigael Unaeze, while parading the suspect before newsmen, said Suleiman and three others at large conspired and took his father-in-law to an unknown place in Kogi State under the pretext of curing him of his sickness.

The spokesperson said the suspect, who was arrested with a bag containing 88 bundles of fake dollar notes, confessed to the crime.

Suleiman who claimed he doesn’t know the real owner of the money, however claimed that he was directed to give it to one Engineer Abdullahi Sambo.

His words: “I am on errand. The whole thing is just like a mystery. I was called by some unknown persons to contact Kahlifa who will give me something to take to Engineer Sambo in Minna. The people promised to help me financially. When I got to Minna, I went to Sambo’s house, on getting there, his relatives called the police that I brought take notes for their father.”

When asked what the money was meant for, Abubakar said, “I do not know what the money is meant for. I was only told it was meant for Engineer Sambo. I am on errand and it was not my business to know if the notes are fake. I was doing what I was sent.”


The police said that the command had commenced an intensive investigation into the matter.

No comments: