Thursday 16 November 2017

I Won’t Beg For Leniency, Says Robbery Suspect

One of the four suspected robbers arrested by the Niger State Police Command at Ibelu village, a Fulani settlement in Magma Local Government Area of the state, said he has no regret going into crime and he did that out of conviction.

The suspect, Isuhu Usman, who admitted his involvement in various crimes in the state during a chat with Vanguard correspondent, said: “I voluntarily and willingly committed the crime as nobody forced me into robbery.

 “I am not going to beg anybody for the offence I committed knowingly. So government should go ahead and jail me because I deserve it.


” His accomplice, Bello Umar, pleaded for mercy, saying he cannot explain how he got involved in robbery.

 His words: “I regret my involvement in the crime and I plead with the Police to have mercy on me because I don’t know how I got into the gang.

 “This is not my first time and I can’t explain how the crime went into my blood, because I have been on it for years and I pray that Allah will forgive me.”

Contacted, the state’s Police Public Relations Officer, Abigail Unaeze, disclosed that investigations were ongoing and that the four suspects will be arraigned in court soon.

No comments: