Wednesday 9 May 2018

Woman Strips Off And Sunbathes On Fast Lane While Stranded In Traffic Jam

A ‘diva’ sun seeker stuck in three-hour tailbacks on the M62 stunned motorists when she took out her blanket and starting sunbathing in the outside lane.

Frustrated Lily Willetts was en route to Blackpool with her partner Sam Wadsworth on Saturday afternoon when they got stuck in a traffic jam between junction 21 and 22 after an oxygen tanker caught fire.

The couple were one of thousands on the westbound carriageway forced to sit in their car and endure soaring temperatures.

But after learning it would at least be a three-hour wait mum-of-two Lily decided to hop out and soak up some rays.

The 27-year-old sun worshipper fished a blanket out of the back of their Citroën Dispatch, lay it out in the fast lane and stretched out on the tarmac to top up her tan – much to the amusement of bemused onlookers.

Lily from York, North Yorkshire, said: “As the weather was so good we decided to do something nice.

“My children were spending the weekend with their dad so it was just the two of us.

“We set out at 10.15am as we had a full day planned out, we were going to go to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Madame Tussauds.

“We were driving down the M62 having just stopped at the services when we saw a big cloud of smoke, and all of sudden came to a standstill.

“The way the weather was I thought there might be people further down the motorway doing the same but I guess not given the number of people who commented on the picture I posted on social media.

“I’ve never done it before but at the time I just did what I needed to do.

“I sunned myself for about 20 minutes then there was talk that people were going to start moving so I jumped back in the van. I got a lovely tan.”

No comments: